The final conference of Sport respects your rights successfully took place in the official representation of the EU in Vienna, 26. and 27. February 2015
For nearly two years, the Sport respects your rights project network developed capacity amongst young Europeans at grass roots level to reflect, act and protect themselves against sexualised violence and gender harassment through creating peer-to-peer, youth-led campaigns.
During this time, these young people became active agents of social change in their settings and contributed to shaping a protective and participatory sports environment in six countries. Simultaneously, the partnering organisations in the project initiated national multi-disciplinary networks involving diverse and relevant stakeholders from society to build supportive structures for the sporting sector in the future.
The aim of the project network was to develop the European dialogue in regards to the prevention of sexual and gender harassment and abuse in sports and to spread good practice and experiences by empowering multipliers – young sportswomen and -men in the organized sport setting.
Sport respects your rights came to a successful conclusion at the final European conference, taking place on 26th and 27th February 2015 in the official representation of the EU in Vienna, Austria. The event brought together over 120 participants from 16 countries, including members of sport organisations, European policy-makers and stakeholders, as well as national policy makers and scientists.
The Austrian Ministry of Families and Youth took patronage over the event and speakers included participants from the European Parliament, the European Commission, the Council of Europe, international scientists and experts, representatives from national sports bodies and grass root sports organisations.
All photos: Florian Hatwagner
Videos by project partners
Edge Hill University, UK:
- Edge Hill University on Sport respects your rights
- Sport respects your rights UK
- Sport respects your rights UK on Facebook
- Sport respects your rights UK on Facebook – Online presentation
- Sport Respects Your Rights UK on Twitter
- Edge Hill University Sport and PA on Twitter
- #stop1in5 Twitter campaign
- Sport respects your rights UK: About the project – Video on YouTube
- Sport respects your rights UK: Promotional video 1 on YouTube
- Sport respects your rights UK: Promotional video 2 on YouTube
NOC*NSF partner organisations, The Netherlands:
kph | Campaign Against Homophobia, Poland:
- Sport Respects Your Rights Polska on Facebook
- Reaguję – Promotional video on YouTube
- Sport Respects Your Rights Freiburg on Facebook
- SC Freiburg: Promotional video for Sport respects your rights on YouTube
Austrian Athletics Federation | Österreichischer Leichtathletikverband:
- ÖLV on Facebook
- Sport Respects Your Rights at Bundesländercup U18 – Photo Gallery on Facebook
- Bundesländercup U18 – full article at oelv.at (German)
- Sport respects your rights – Promotional video by ÖLV on YouTube
- “Sport respects your rights” – Gemeinsam für den Schutz der Kinder und Jugendlichen im europäischen Sport (German)